OLX

OLX
Click Banner for Details

Monday, October 21, 2013

Romance Meets Life

Romance Meets Life


Vacation Time - Ezinne Akudo, 2013 Miss Nigeria Enjoys Time Off In Dubai

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 10:07 PM PDT


Ezinne Akudo emerged winner at the last Miss Nigeria beauty pageant and has since been busy settling her official reign, her new house and all the endorsment and brand duties expected of her. She recently took a few days off to chill in Dubai and shared these photos. She's looking quite relaxed.









#MancrushMonday - Ramsey Noauh, Desmond Elliot, Robert Peters, and AY Makun - Take Your Pick

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 09:08 PM PDT


It used to be Man Candy Monday featuring just one guy RML considers a sweetheart. Today we have a crush of man candys. Ramsey Noauh, Desmond Elliot, Robert Peters, and AY Makun are currently shooting a movie in the United States and Desmond shared this picture from their set. Who is you candy? I think Ramsey is still the guy to beat :)


Maternity Style - Dakore Akande Dresses Her Bump in Fitted Caftan and Jacket

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 04:01 PM PDT


Dakore Akande, who made her second pregnancy public [HERE] a few weeks ago, today shared more pictures of how she's dressing up her baby bump. In the first above, she's wearing a shapely gold caftan with loose wide sleeves, below she's in an animal print jacket over a comfy white top, and spiced up with a scarf.


Rape Survivor Bunmi Sobowale Speaks Out On Twitter - #breakingthesilence

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 02:08 PM PDT


Bunmi Sobowale, in a live tweet facilitated by Walk Against Rape and Esther Ijewere, author of Breaking the Silence, narrated her experience of sexual abuse as a child and surviving two incidents of rape at the hands of supposed male friends. It is a heart breaking narrative, and I find it how horrifying that these men, rapists have no idea how dehumanising rape is, coming to apologize and be friends again like all is well.

Again I say, rapists are not animals skulking in bushes, they are our friends and brothers, cousins and uncles. Women, protect yourselves, but also teach the men around you how not to rape. Men reading this, please talk to other men. Stop raping.

I have storified Bunmi's experience for easier accessiblity and so we do not forget as it is lost to Twitter archives. Let's keep breaking the chains of silence. Thanks for Esther Ijewere and may God continue to heal and strengthen Bunmi and all other survivors.

Uche Pedro of Bellanaija Wins The International Young Media Entrepreneur of the Year Award

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 02:30 PM PDT


The Future Awards, in conjunction with the British Council, has announced Uche Pedro as the winner of the International Young Media Entrepreneur of the Year award. The awards aims to celebrate young people working in the media, with entrepreneurial and leadership abilities, potential to change their sector, market awareness and understanding.

According to Chude Jideonwo, Executive Director of The Future Project, "It's been an exciting four months we are very pleased to announce Uche Pedro as the winner of this new category - which was evolved from our prize in entertainment and media enterprise,"

Uche Pedro is a new media entrepreneur, and founded popular Nigerian blog Bella Naija. She will participate in a UK tour with finalists from up to 10 other countries and participate in activities including:

- A visit to the UK in October where she gets the chance to meet the winners from other countries, make UK contacts, and attend the leading UK industry event- The Cross Media Forum.

- A week's free membership to the exclusive private member's club - The Hospital Club

Congrats to Uche!

[Advice Corner] It's Hard Meeting Eligible Single Men. Has Anyone Tried Speed Dating or Online Dating in Nigeria?

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 06:00 AM PDT


Hi guys, I am so lonely. I live in a house full of people. But I need my own life partner and love. I came back from the UK early this year for a marriage, but it didn't work, so I refused the marriage.


I run a small business, and the people I meet aren't the type of people I'd like to marry. But I don't have any other avenues to meet eligible men. Most of the ones I meet through parties are way too young, and everyone in my age bracket seems to be taken (32-38). Also I didn't grow up here, so have limited friends who can do introductions.

Can someone suggest where I can meet/connect with eligible single men? Has anyone tried speed dating or online dating in Nigeria? Is Afrointroduction any good?

I'm 5'5, size 6 (uk), people say I look like Cassie (I don't know for them o'!)

J


_____

This comment came in under this advice corner post. Please share your experience with J. Thanks!


[Web Series] Waiting... Episode 5

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 02:00 AM PDT


A week later, we were back in Dallas, relaxed, happy and not so excited about going back to work. We were at baggage claim waiting for Lola's luggage when I saw Kola walking towards our direction with his fiancée. I knew what she looked like from stalking her Facebook page numerous times and I was surprised to see her because for the whole year Kola and I dated, she never visited or maybe she did.

"OMG Kola is walking in our direction" Before I could finish my statement, Tayo and Lola scanned the area and saw him and hissed simultaneously. It was Tayo who spoke first "And who cares?" Please Lola your luggage is here, grab it and let's go."

Lola quickly grabbed her luggage and we walked out into the very dry hot weather before they could notice us. "I can't believe that fool is still in Dallas sha, I thought he would have moved." Tayo the obviously outspoken one of us three was still upset with him. I look back and I see Kola and his fiancée walking out as well, it seemed inevitable to run into them so I decided not to alert the others.
"Hey guys, what's up" I heard Kola say from behind me. In my mind I'm like what does this fool want and why is he saying hi to us.
"Hey Kola, ahn ahn and you just forgot about us since you and Dara stopped dating" I could see the fire in Tayo's eyes because it was obvious her point got across and Kola was no longer smiling. She continued, "It hasn't even been that long since you guys broke up".
His fiancée's eyes lit up and I shook her hand, "Hi I'm Dara, How are you Kola" as I look back at him. I was holding Tayo's hand and her tongue indirectly because part of the ten thousand dollars was what paid for our hotel in Mexico.
"I' fine" Kola answered, "everyone this is my fiancée, Temi"
"Oh the fiancée you've been hiding from us all this while, nice to meet you" I was surprised to hear the sarcasm in Lola's voice because she is the sane one of three of us.
"It was nice seeing you guys again, see you later" I guess he got the message and did what any man would do when things start heating up; Run.
"Did you see his face? Stupid idiot, Please Dara can you watch my stuff let me see if I can find us a cab" Tayo said before going towards the taxi line to hail us a cab.

We got to my house and it was still early in the afternoon on Sunday so we went to grab brunch and that took two hours surprisingly. We just decided to stay there and wait for Tayo's boyfriend to pick her up instead of him having to drive to my house. Lola and I walked back to my house since it was only a few blocks away.
"Dara, please do not start thinking about Kola, I can't even believe we saw him"
"I know right, but no seriously I am over him so no need to worry about me"
"Ok great, can you help me get my stuff from the front desk, let me go and pull my car around."

I got home, returned a few calls and since everyone had gone to their respective houses, I decided to get ready for the week by running all my errands.
I went to target and a fabric store to get some new patterns for my pillow case and I couldn't help but think of the times Kola and I came here to pick out fabric for his curtains and several other things I sewed for him. Whole foods was my last stop and I wanted to quickly get everything on my list and make it out in time to catch Sunday's best on BET at 7pm.

I was walking towards the register when I saw the guy from the airport talking to a woman who was almost as tall as him. He was dressed in a plain blue t-shirt and jeans carrying a few grocery items while the woman was staring at him and laughing at what he was saying. I purposely avoided going to stand behind them so that he won't see me especially since his girlfriend was there. This particular Whole foods was not that big so before I could decide what aisle to go to, he saw me, waved to me and walked up to me.
"Hey I know you, well not know, I've met you" He said while the lady paid for the items.
I was smiling but quickly caught myself and said hi with a straight face. "I remember you, thanks for saving my green tea smoothie."
"No problem, you live around here?" he asked before looking back at his girlfriend who gave him a lets go look since she was done with the purchase. "Actually, I have to go, we are running late for the airport and I don't want her to miss her flight."
"That's fine, nice to see you again. See you later" I quickly dismissed the conversation.
He looked confused like he was about to say something before I ended the conversation but then flashed his million dollar smile and said "Sure, I will see you later" and walked away.

I didn't realize I was holding my breath until he walked away and I let it out. This was not the time to be thinking of any man, I was already the other woman once and I would never let it happen again. I paid for my items and went home forgetting about Mr. Million dollar smile. I got home and listened to my mum's voice message telling me she missed me and asking if I had met anyone. I couldn't understand her, she knew everything about the Kola situation and her aim was still to find me a man. I thought about Mr Smiles for a second but quickly dismissed the thoughts; I cannot let myself be involved with any man right now. I was not ready to love someone or let anyone love me because with my emotional state, it'll probably end up being disastrous.

_____________

Hi, I'm Moriam. I'm curious and I love cooking. I also like to write short stories. If you haven't check out Part one and two of Love's Pain. If you love recipes, check out my blog too.

Covers - Onyeka Onwenu on the Iconic Edition of Genevieve Magazine

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 03:02 PM PDT


Onyeka Onwenu has had a long and fruitful career as one of Nigeria's living music icons. 'The elegant stallion' as she is popularly called, speaks with Genevieve on her early years, her family and her new mission. See another picture below.




Source


Quote of the Day - We Are Who We Choose to Be

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 03:01 PM PDT


Jeta And Mbong Amata Announce Their Separation After 10 Years Together

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 11:35 PM PDT


Jeta Amata and Mbong Amata are one of the few young couples in Nollywood where both of them are in the business, and it seemed they were in it for the long haul, even as their stars kept shining brighter. Unfortunately, things aren't so well in their marriage, the couple were together 10 years, and married for 5 years. Jeta Amata confirmed their separation himself, but says they remain friends.



"Mbong is an amazing mother, an incredible wife...all the time we were together she would never let any other person cook my food...she was faithful and good to me and gave me the best gift in the world, our beautiful daughter. If I didn't cage her so much maybe we would still be together. I stole her youth and didn't let her live her dream so it was better to let her go and find new adventures. She's happy and so am I. Despite the fact that we are no longer together, we are still good friends. She even lives close to me here in LA. Things are great between us and I'm happy to see her happy."

He gave the statement to Linda Ikeji, who adds about the couple that,

Mbong met Jeta when she was so young, married him and became a mother in her early twenties. She is a former beauty queen (Miss Akwa Ibom 2003) and her dream was to be an actress. Jeta didn't mind his wife being an actress but he didn't want her featuring in Nollywood movies, so he restricted her. Mbong, some of you may have noticed, only featured in Jeta's movies. And because she met Jeta so young, Mbong didn't get a chance to date other men, never partied and until they separated, never earned a living on her own. She relied on Jeta for everything.

When they moved to the US, it became a little worse for Mbong. She became lonely and instead of being the star actress she's always dreamed of, she became a housewife, caring for Jeta and their five year old daughter. Mbong became resentful and left Jeta in 2011 and returned to Nigeria. Jeta went after her and they reconciled after Jeta promised to give her a bit more space to pursue her dreams.

Jeta tried to live up to his promise, but as an African man, just couldn't compromise much and so last year Mbong wanted out of the marriage and Jeta let her go. Mbong and Jeta have been living separately in Los Angeles for about a year now. When I asked if there was any hope for reconciliation, my source told me 'it's only a matter of time before they file for divorce. They have moved on and the love is no longer there. Mbong is very happy now that she can do whatever she wants without a husband to stop her or tell her what she can or can't do"

The couple seperated in 2012 and since, then Mbong has been back in Nigeria a couple of times to take up roles in Nollywood movies, one of which is Forgetting June by Emem Isong. Jeta Amata is working on another African Hollywood projects and dating one of his star actresses.

I know I may be a romantic who knows nothing really about these two people, but I kinda wish they get back together. All the best to them, this cannot be an easy period for them or their daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment